Anxiety and Stress Management
What is stress?
Stress is the bodies response to the demands in our lives. It involves automatic processes that are activated in an attempt to protect ourselves from perceived threats.
Stress is more than just an emotional state, it involves physical alterations to our body, including the accelerated release of hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline, the depletion of the immune system and a general strain on normal bodily functions and anatomical systems. Healthy amounts of stress can actually be of great benefit in helping us rise to challenges, stay focused and even enhance our abilities in emergency situations. However, stress can become detrimental to our health if the nervous and endocrine systems become overworked and drained by ongoing stressful demands.
Everyone expresses stress from time to time. Anything from everyday responsibilities like work and family to serious life events such as a new diagnosis, war, or the death of a loved one can trigger stress. For immediate, short-term situations, stress can be beneficial to your health. It can help you cope with potentially serious situations. Your body responds to stress by releasing hormones that increase your heart and breathing rates and ready your muscles to respond.
Yet if your stress response doesn’t stop firing, and these stress levels stay elevated far longer than is necessary for survival, it can take a toll on your health and performance. Everyone has a comfort zone of how much stress they can tolerate. Some people have higher stress tolerance than others, which means they can take on more work and more tasks without feeling stressed and overwhelmed, but even they can reach a point where they are in danger of entering the Burnout Zone.
- Are you tired of anxiety & overwhelm being the main characters of your life?
- Are you struggling to balance your time and energy between professional obligations and your personal life?
- Does worrying feel like second nature?
- Do you feel burned out and dread going to work?
- Do you feel depressed and not like the energetic and ambitious person you used to be?
- Do your personal relationships suffer because of work?
- Do you feel like you are being pulled into many directions without a clear vision of how to accomplish it all?
- Do you find it difficult to switch off and relax?
If this sounds familiar, it means that your system is in overdrive mode and you have been stuck in a chronic stress cycle.
Chronic stress negatively impairs your immune system, contributing to depression and even reducing gray matter in critical regions of the brain that regulate emotion and important physiological functions. Beyond the long-term health consequences, chronic stress makes you reactive, short-tempered, distracted, and no damn fun! This results in poor decision-making, hurt feelings, and relationship issues.
For many of us, we feel as if the weight of the world is pressing down upon us. We feel the weight of our own expectations and commitments. We feel the weight of other people’s expectations and demands. We feel like Atlas from Greek mythology, destined to carry the burdens of the world for eternity.
But, Life doesn’t have to feel like this!
Take ARSENAL Stress Resilience Assessment to understand your current levels of stress and resilience.
ARSENAL Stress Resilience Assessment is the first step to armor you up against Negative Effects of Chronic Stress, help prevent burn out, and create strategies to help you increase your resilience, bounce back quicker from any challenge life throws at you, and improve your performance.
Whether you are struggling with anxiety, worrying, or constant feeling of overwhelm, it’s time to stop thinking you’re just a worrier who can’t change and start using the evidence-based tools to achieve the healthier, more successful life you deserve.
With Emotional Intelligence coaching, you can rewire your brain and free yourself from the chains of stress, anxiety, worry, and depression. No longer does anxiety and worry have to control you. By partnering with me, you can take control of anxiety instead of allowing it to control you!
As your coach, I will help you:
- Better understand stress cycle
- Identify your stress triggers
- Stop worrying and stay focused despite external circumstances
- Master your internal operating system ( thoughts, beliefs, attitudes, values, and perspectives)
- Learn to better manage your thoughts, emotions, and behaviors
- Learn effective techniques to keep your anxiety at bay
- Say NO to people and demands that put you "over the edge" and create stress
- Create work-life balance
- Get rid of excess demands in your life that drain your energy and steal your time
- Discover new levels of joy and contentment
- Create a rich, full, and meaningful life
I will help you to find your energy and your true self, and go from being anxious to at ease, happier, more aware, and more confident in your own skin. What are you waiting for? Sign up now and start changing your world!